Improving Your Immune System
Your Immune System “The Key to Good Health”
Our body is the best doctor. We are designed to fight disease with our natural immune systems.
- Eat immune-boosting foods, such as raw fruits and vegetables, raw garlic and onion, raw vegetable juices are great, raw fenugreek, chilli, ginger, free-range eggs, oily fish, (salmon, sardines, tuna), avocados, fresh wheat-germ, flaxseed (cold-pressed oil) barley grass, (juice or sprouted seeds) wheatgrass juice, freshly sprouted seeds and beans, cold-pressed seed and vegetable oil, fresh seafood, legumes, raw nuts and seeds.
- Eat Sea Weeds such as kelp, dulse, agar-agar, nori, arame, kombu, wakame, and hijiki are excellent for improved immune function.
- Eat Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussel sprouts and kohlrabi contain phytonutrients that protect against infections and cancer. Foods containing plant hormones (known as Phytoestrogens) such as Isoflavones and Ligans are known to reduce the risk of many cancers. Good sources of these plant hormones are soybeans, alfalfa, and flaxseed.
- Ensure an adequate intake of the most important minerals for the immune system, Magnesium, Zinc Chelate, and Selenium. These minerals are needed for the immune system and are anti-inflammatory.
- Avoid mucous producing foods, such as animal milk, cheese, ice cream, preserved meats and processed foods.
- Avoid tobacco smoke and alcohol
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of filtered water daily
- Ensure adequate vitamin C intake by eating citrus fruits, red onion and green peppers, kiwi fruit, tomatoes, and supplement with approximately 1000 > 2000 mg per day.
- Make regular exercise a part of your daily regime. Exercise does wonders for your immune system and overall health.
- Consume “Super Food” Supplements; Spirulina, Cacao, Maca, Aloe Vera, Hempseed, Goji Berries.